Green Ways to Prevent and Kill Mold

Green Ways to Prevent and Kill Mold

At Microzyme we’re proud of our environmentally conscious approach to mold remediation. Yet not every minor mold infestation needs the full treatment of our revolutionary EC-34 mold solution. Luckily there are many green and environmentally friendly ways that you can treat and prevent mold in your own home. Here are some of the best examples:

Bleach: This may come as a surprise to some people, but bleach (yes, even bleach detergent like you use when you wash your clothes) is actually very safe for the environment according to studies conducted in the European Union. Bleach has long been a popular cleaning product in many American households as a cleaner and disinfectant, but it is also an effective mold killer. Here’s how to use it to clean up a small mold problem:

–          Mix the bleach into a spray bottle with water. Be sure to mix thoroughly.

–          Next, spray the affected area with the bleach solution and let it set for a few minutes. Then rinse and spray again.

–          Brush well with a stiff brush or sponge to remove the spores and stains. Be careful not to damage the surface which you are scrubbing.

–          Rinse, wipe, and dry thoroughly.

When using bleach be sure to wear gloves and eye protection. Bleach may be environmentally safe, but its fumes can be toxic to humans and cause skin irritation.

Vinegar: Vinegar is a well-known fix-all for many common household problems, but it can also be used to clean up mold. The white variant of vinegar is the most effective at mold removal, but all types should work. Not only is vinegar effective, but its fairly harmless to humans, which makes it perfect for households with children.

Kill Mold | 1-866-920-6653 | Microzyme Technologies

Here’s how t use it:

–          Mix some white vinegar into a spray bottle and mix it thoroughly

–          Spray the affected area, but DO NOT RINSE.

–          Let it settle for 30 minutes or so, and then wipe with a rag.

–          Repeat until the mold and stain is removed.

–          Then spray the affected and surrounding area with more vinegar to prevent future mold growth.

Vinegar can be smelly, but that’s about it. It’s not nearly as harsh on humans as bleach, and the smell is normally gone in a few hours.

These solutions will treat many small mold problems, but if you encounter a more serious issue be sure to contact the mold removal experts at Microzyme Technologies. Our expert team will quickly and safely remove or prevent mold in your home or office in no time, so you can get back to living your life.

Call Microzyme Technologies at 1-866-920-6653 today!