Mold 101: How Mold Poisons Your Body

When you find mold in your home, you know there are going to be some problems. Not only does it look gross and make your home appear unclean, but it can also make you and your family sick. Everyone knows that mold can cause health problems, but how it does that exactly is a whole other question. Mold releases something that is known as a biotoxin. A biotoxin is simply a poison produced by a living organism, which mold is. When you ingest a biotoxin and it gets into your system, it can trigger a process of events that can cause serious health issues. That is how mold poisons your body.

Mold 101: How Mold Poisons Your Body | Worcester MA | Microzyme

Biotoxin Invasion

Your immune system is your body’s first line of defense against any foreign substance, including biotoxins. In many cases, when your immune system registers the presence of a biotoxin, it will attack it, break it down, and properly remove it via your liver. The gene HLA-DR forms antibodies that attack biotoxins and, if your body doesn’t have a sufficient supply of that gene, complications can arise when trying to fight off a biotoxin invasion. Now the biotoxin is free to roam through the rest of your body and make you sick.

How Mold Poisons Your Body Through Biotoxin Illnesses

As the biotoxin travels through your body, it attaches to your pain receptors and generates an inflammatory response. The resulting symptoms of this attachment can include headaches, fever, and an inability to focus on anything. During the binding of the biotoxin to your receptors, it suppresses the production of an alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH). When your body has low levels of MSH, you can develop symptoms that include insomnia, leaky gut syndrome, infections, excessive thirst and urination, and high blood pressure.

Be Safe

If you find signs of mold, even the smallest amount, you need to call MicroZyme Technologies right away. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can remove the mold from your home and keep your and your family healthy. Don’t let mold poison your body. Call us today at 866-920-6653.

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply