Mold’s Impact on Your Kids

Mold awareness has increased exponentially in the last few years, but there are still many people who are affected by mold and think they are only suffering from a cold. This is especially true for kids. Kids come in contact with so many germs on a daily basis that it can be hard to determine if they are in fact just battling a cold, or if it is something more serious. Children are the most vulnerable when it comes to the negative effects of mold because their immune systems are not yet fully developed. If your child is sick for no apparent reason, they haven’t been out that much or haven’t come in contact with other sick children, you are almost definitely looking at mold sickness.

Mold’s Impact on Your Kids | Worcester MA | Microzyme

Signs of Mold’s Impact on Your Kids

The most common signs and symptoms of mold’s impact on your kids include:

  • Respiratory problems. When children inhale mold spores, they will experience symptoms along the lines of seasonal allergies. This can include shortness of breath, wheezing, runny and itchy nose, nasal congestion, sore throat, coughing, and sneezing. If your child has asthma, inhalation of mold spores will trigger more frequent attacks.
  • Neurological problems. Since children’s immune systems aren’t fully developed, inhalation of mold spores can damage neurons in the brain and impair it’s function. Symptoms include disorientation and confusion, short attention span, dizziness, headaches, memory problems, anxiety, trembling, and slowed reflexes.
  • Skin irritation. Just like with adults, children will experience skin irritation. Their skin, however, is much more delicate and sensitive so their irritation will be worse and be in the form of large, noticeable rashes.
  • Eye irritation. Mold spores cause eye inflammation which result in watery eyes, itchy eyes, bloodshot eyes, and blurry vision.

Severe Mold Impacts of Your Kid’s Health

Regular mold will cause all of these health issues, but they can be treated, it is when your mold turns to black mold that the impact on your kid’s health becomes severe. Black toxic mold produces mycotoxins that are severely harmful to children and can result in death. The mycotoxins create an irritated burning sensation in the mouth, throat, and nasal passages. If these mycotoxins get stuck in the sinuses or the lungs, it can cause severe breathing problems and even bleeding of the lungs. It is important to stay proactive when looking for mold. Constantly be checking your home for it, especially in areas with high moisture. If you find even the slightest amount of mold, call MicroZyme Technologies to come and remove it. Your children’s health depends on it. Call us today at 1-866-920-6653.

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply